Fully Guided 5 Day Hiking Tour
Come and experience the amazing sights of the Lower Hawkesbury and Central Coast on this fantastic 5 day adventure. The hikes on this trip vary from easy to hard, and the rewards are some of the best scenery Australia has to offer.
On this trip we will hike parts of the Great North Walk, Cowan to Brooklyn and Patonga to Pearl Beach. We’ll have an easy day as well, joining the Riverboat Postman on his daily mail run up the Hawkesbury River and explore Dangar Island. From there we’ll cross the water to Patonga for our walk to Pearl Beach. We then head to Killcare and do some beautiful walks in Bouddi National Park.
The trip includes 4 nights accommodation, two nights on Dangar Island and two nights at Killcare, near the beach. Luggage transfer is included, so just carry your day pack while hiking. Check out the photos and the Frequently Asked Questions for all the information you need about this trip, including details about the hike ratings!
National Parks NSW Accredited
|Departure Date||Tour||Duration||Price||Spots remaining|
|Thur 28 July 2022||The BouddiHawk Walk||5 days 4 nights||From $AU1,290||Fully booked|
|Thur 22 Sept 2022||The BouddiHawk Walk||5 days 4 nights||From $AU1,290||Fully Booked|
|Thur 25 May 2023||The BouddiHawk Walk||5 days 4 nights||From $AU1,290||10|
|Thur 21 Sept 2023||The BouddiHawk Walk||5 days 4 nights||From $AU1,290||10|
Frequently asked questions
The tour is 5 days and 4 nights. All tours start on a Thursday and end on a Monday.
Prices (including GST):
$AU1,290pp (double bed two people, private),
$AU1,690pp (double bed, one person, private )
$AU300 deposit required to secure your booking.
- 4 nights luxury accommodation
- Ferry, water taxi and minibus transfers
- Riverboat Postman tour and lunch on the Hawkesbury River
- Pizza dinner on first night (it’s the only option!)
- BBQ Dinner at Killcare
- All Luggage transfers
- A guide and support vehicle and driver
- Public transport fares
- Some meals
Minimum: 6 people
Maximum: 12 people
If there are less than 6 hikers booked for the trip, then the tour will not proceed, and all payments will be refunded.
DAY 1 Thursday
- Arrive Cowan Station around 8.30am.
- Timetable https://transportnsw.info/documents/timetables/93-CCN-Central-Coast-Newcastle-Line-20210228.pdf
- From Sydney arrives 8.38am. From Gosford arrives 8.19am. Briefing at 8.45am.
- Luggage in Commuter bus. Luggage is taken to and stored at Brooklyn Pub.
- Coffee and toilet stop at Pie in the sky Cafe
- Walk Great North Walk section 12, Cowan to Brooklyn. Guests to bring their own lunch and snacks. 13km. 650m ascent. Rated Moderate to Hard. Arrive Brooklyn pub about 4pm.
- Guests pick up their luggage and then ferry to Dangar Island.
- AirBnB accommodation at Dangar Island.
- Pizza dinner at Dangar Bowling Club (included).
DAY 2 Friday
- Breakfast at accommodation.
- Optional coffee at Dangar Island Cafe
- Riverboat Postman tour. Ploughman’s Lunch included
- AirBnB accommodation at Dangar Island.
- Dangar Island walk in afternoon (Optional). 4.3km easy.
- Dinner at Dangar Bowling Club (own cost).
DAY 3 Saturday
- Breakfast at Accommodation.
- 8.30am, water taxi to Patonga.
- Commuter bus to meet us at Patonga. Take luggage to Central Coast accommodation.
- Coffee at Patonga Cafe.
- Part of Great North Walk, Section 13, Patonga to Pearl Beach. 6km, 173m ascent, Easy to Moderate.
- Transfer to accommodation, near the beach, at Killcare.
- Afternoon walk in Bouddi National Park (optional)
- BBQ dinner at our accommodation provided
DAY 4 Sunday
- Breakfast at accommodation
- Commuter bus to Avoca Beach, Coffee at Avoca.
- Walk 5 Lands Walk, 5km, and after lunch the Bouddi Coastal Walk 8.1km, 4540m total ascent, moderate to hard.
- Lunch at McMasters Beach Surf Club (bring your own or buy at the surf club)
- Walk finishes at our accommodation
- Dinner at a local venue (Killcare, at your own cost)
DAY 5 Monday
- Breakfast at our accommodation
- Early morning swim and/or walk
- Commuter bus transfers group to Gosford station or their accommodation.
- End of tour
Bookings can be made online or manually.
Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. A deposit of $300 per person will secure your booking.
For manual bookings, please use the “contact us” page to book your spots or make enquiries. The bank details for the deposit are:
Home Comforts Hiking
Irrespective of the booking method, an tax invoice will be provided for each booking
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. A deposit of $AU300 will secure your booking. If less than 2 months before the start date of the trip, then payment in full will be required.
For manual bookings, please use the “contact us” page to book or make an enquiry. We will send you a invoice. You do not need a PayPal account to make the payment. You just need a Visa or Mastercard to make the payment. Alternatively, you can pay in $AU through a money transfer company such as Wise or your bank, if you prefer. In that case use the bank details as shown for Australian based customers.
Please see our full cancellation and refunds policy on the “Bookings” Page
The balance is due one month prior to the trip start date.
There are no refunds, due to cancellation by you, unless you (the person cancelling) introduce a replacement hiker to replace you. If a replacement can be found by you, we will refund 90% of the total paid by you.
Overall the hike is rated moderate to hard for experienced hikers. For inexperienced and less fit hikers, it would be rated hard to very hard. There are some steep ascents on Day 1 and Day 4. This trip is only recommended for experienced hikers that are reasonably fit and injury free. Inexperienced hikers should be fit and injury free. The total distance walked over 4 days of hiking is 41km. All hiking is on established trails, but some of the surfaces are quite uneven and rocky. We will be walking at an average pace of 2 to 3km/hr. There is a rest day on day 2, with an optional easy walk and the Riverboat Postman tour on the Hawkesbury River. Walks on the afternoon of Day 3, and all walks on day 4 are optional. If you prefer to relax at the accommodation, that is fine.
Two nights accommodation are in AirBnB houses on Dangar Island. Dangar Island is situated in the Hawkesbury River and can only be accessed by Ferry. There are no cars on the island. Each couple on this trip will have their own bedroom. Singles wanting their own bedroom will be charged a supplement of $300 in total.
The third and fourth night’s accommodation is at an AirBnB at Killcare. Our preferred accommodations are near the beach.
Singles wanting their own bedroom will be charged a supplement of $400 in total.
Breakfasts – there are cafes at Dangar Island and Patonga for breakfast. The AirBnB at Killcare will have limited breakfast facilities available, or bring your own.
Lunch – Each hiker will need to take lunch and snacks with them on Day 1 . There are no shops available on Day 1. Lunch is provided on day 2. On Day 3, bring your own or buy your lunch at a shop/cafe at Pearl Beach. On day 4 there is a nice cafe at MacMasters Beach for lunch.
Dinner – Days 1 & 2 will be at Dangar Island Bowling Club. Day 1, we shout the pizzas. Day 2 is at your own cost. Day 3 we will provide a BBQ dinner and on Day 4 we will eat out (at your own cost) near our accommodation, where there are a few choices.
All of our BouddiHawk Walks are supported by a vehicle and driver. The support vehicle will transfer your luggage from accommodation to accommodation, and can also take passengers (if you want a rest day). You only need to carry a day pack while hiking each day.
We must impose limits to ensure our driver is not carrying excessive weights. There is a strict limit of 2 bags per person, as per the following:
Bag 1 – small day pack to carry on the hikes, 20-35 litre size
Bag 2 – Bag/suitcase up to 15kg MAXIMUM for spare clothes, personal items and food.
No extra add ons such as handbags, pillows etc are allowed. If you want to bring these they must be placed in Bag 2.
Note there is a $55 surcharge for any excess luggage.
- Small backpack with waterproof cover
- One bag for luggage transfer
- Shirts, pants, shorts, underwear, socks
- Hiking shoes and comfy shoes/thongs/sandals for at the accommodation
- Hiking Pole(s)
- Water bottles / bladder
- Rainproof jacket
- Swimsuit and micro towel
- Money and/or Debit/Credit Card
- Passport (if applicable), Visa (if applicable), Travel Insurance docs
- Phone and/or tablet, camera and chargers
- Toiletries and medication
Cowan Railway Station at 8.45am on Day 1.
The guide and driver will be travelling to the start point from Terrigal. You can join the bus in Terrigal and leave your car at Wilson Parking, Terrigal. https://www.centralcoast.nsw.gov.au/recreation/venues-and-facilities/parking
Killcare at 10.00am on Day 5. Our Minibus can take you on to Terrigal or Gosford Station, or back to Port Macquarie or anywhere along the way.