Fully Guided 5 Day Hiking Tour
‘Follow the ancient wandering trails of Australia’s coastal emus on the four-day Yuraygir Coastal Walk. This colossal track traverses the coastline from Angourie to Red Rock. The scenery and views along the way are diverse and astounding. You’ll encounter wildlife and wildflowers as you walk past heathland plains, long sandy beaches, tranquil creeks, lagoons, rocky headlands and even a marine park.
Tackle the full 65km with overnight accommodation stops along the way. You’ll never forget this journey through the traditional homelands of the Gumbaynggirr and Yaegl nations, it’s stunningly beautiful.
National Parks NSW Accredited
|Departure Date||Tour||Duration||Price||Spots remaining|
|Thur, 21 Jul 2022||Yuraygir||4 days 3 nights||From $AU700||Fully booked|
|Thur, 11 Aug 2022||Yuraygir||4 days 3 nights||From $AU700||Fully Booked|
|Tue, 9 May 2023||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU850||8|
|Tue, 6 June 2023||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU850||9|
|Tue, 5 Sept 2023||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From$AU850||6|
Frequently asked questions
The tour is 5 days and 4 nights.
Prices (including GST):
$AU850pp (single bunk, sharing room),
$AU950pp (double bed two people, private),
$AU1,150pp (double bed, one person, private )
- All accommodation
- luggage transfers while hiking
- Boat and bus transfers
- A guide for the five days
- A support vehicle and driver for the whole trip
- Transport from Sancrox (near Port Macquarie) or Red Rock, to Yuraygir National Park and return
- All National Park fees
- Passport (if applicable), visa (if applicable) and travel insurance
- Transport to Port Macquarie or to Red Rock
The maximum group size is 11 people plus the guide and driver. A minimum of 6 hikers is required for the hiking tour to proceed.
- Meet at Port Macquarie at 10.45am or meet at Red Rock at 1.30pm
- Bus leaves Port Macquarie at 11.00am and Red Rock at 2.00pm
- Arrive at Yamba accommodation around 4.00pm. Free time till 5.30pm.
- Safety and other information briefing at 5.30pm
- Dinner at Yamba at 6.00pm (own cost)
Day 2 Angourie to Brooms Head
- Transfer to start of walk at Mara Creek (Angourie) at 8.30am
- Start walking around 9.00am, to Brooms Head (17km, rated Moderate)
- Accommodation at Brooms Head.
- Dinner at Bowling Club (Chinese, own cost)
Day 3 Brooms Head to Minnie Water
- Start walking at about 8.30am, to Minnie Water (18km, rated Moderate to hard)
- Arrive at Sandon around lunch time. River crossing is arranged.
- Walk to Minnie Water General Store.
- Transfer to Accommodation at Wooli
Day 4 Minnie Water to Wooli
- Transfer to hike start at Minnie Waters
- Start walking at about 9.00am, to Wooli (14km, rated Easy to Moderate)
- Arrive Wooli accommodation at about 3.00pm.
- Canoes / kayaks available – explore Wooli River
- Dinner at Wooli Pub at 6.00pm (own cost)
Day 5 Wooli to Red Rock
- Boat crossing arranged at about 8.30am
- Start walking at about 9.00am, to Red Rock (14km, Rated Moderate to hard). The first 4-5km is the most difficult part of the walk. Lots of rock platforms, but it will be close to low tide.
- Lunch prior to reaching Station Creek
- Walk along Pebbly Beach and across Station Creek
- Walk to Red Rock. River crossing by small boat is arranged
- Walk finishes about 3.00pm. Drive home, or to Port Macquarie.
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. A deposit of $300 per person will secure your booking.
For manual bookings, please use the “contact us” page to book your spots or make enquiries. The bank details for the deposit are:
Home Comforts Hiking
Irrespective of the booking method, an tax invoice will be provided for each booking
Bookings can be made online or manually. Click the ‘Book online’ button for online bookings. A deposit of $AU300 will secure your booking. If less than 2 months before the start date of the trip, then payment in full will be required.
For manual bookings, please use the “contact us” page to book or make an enquiry. We will send you an invoice. You do not need a PayPal account to make the payment. You just need a Visa or Mastercard to make the payment. Alternatively, you can pay in $AU through a money transfer company such as Wise or your bank, if you prefer. In that case use the bank details as shown for Australian based customers.
Please see our full cancellation and refunds policy on the “Bookings” Page
The balance is due one months prior to the trip start date.
There are no refunds, due to cancellation by you, unless you (the person cancelling) introduce a replacement hiker to replace you. If a replacement can be found by you, we will refund 90% of the total paid by you.
For overseas guests, we recommend that you take out travel insurance that covers cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances, medical costs, and your valuables.
Overall the hike is rated moderate for experienced hikers. For inexperienced and less fit hikers, it would be rated moderate to hard. The total distance walked over 4 days of hiking is 65km. Around 50% of the hike is along pristine beaches. We walk at a slow to moderate pace with plenty of breaks and opportunities to enjoy the views and observe the abundant flora and fauna. There is minimal ascent on the hike, just a few headlands to navigate. There are also three river crossings, but these are all supported by local boat operators. There is also about 4km of walking along rock platforms on the last day. The rock platforms and tracks attached are the most difficult part of the whole hike.
This hike is not recommended for inexperienced hikers. If in doubt, please contact us prior to booking.
As we stay in small coastal villages, and we only require one or two nights accommodation at each village, the options available are very limited. The minimum pricing is based on sleeping in a single lower bunk with one other person sharing the bunk room.
Twin share is based on two people sharing a double room in a cabin or a double bedroom in a house. There is a door that can be closed to provide privacy.
Single (the most expensive rate) is based on one person in a double room. There is a door that can be closed to provide privacy.
All cabins have a bedroom with a door. Due to limited availability of accommodations, singles and twins may still be expected to share the cabin (but not the bedroom) with one or two other hikers, who will occupy the bunk beds.
Note that bed linen and towels are provided at every accommodation we stay at.
Please contact us if you need any assistance with selecting your preferred accommodation level.
After arrival at Yamba, there will be time to do shopping at local stores for breakfast, morning tea and lunch needs for the hike. There is also an excellent Farmers Market at Yamba, on Wednesday mornings. There are also general Stores at Brooms Head, Minnie Waters and Wooli to buy what you need. When selecting food, keep in mind that your food may go up to 8 hours a day without refrigeration.
Breakfast – All cabins have basic kitchen facilities. At Yamba and Brooms Head there are cafes for breakfast.
Lunch and morning tea needs to be carried in your day pack each day. There are no shops while walking.
There is a venue for dinner each night, so no cooking required.
All of our Yuraygir Hikes are supported by a vehicle and driver. On all Yuraygir hikes, a support vehicle will transfer your luggage from accommodation to accommodation, and can also take passengers (if you want a rest day). You only need to carry a day pack while hiking each day.
We must impose limits to ensure our driver is not carrying excessive weights. There is a strict limit of 3 bags per person, as per the following:
Bag 1 – small day pack to carry on the hikes, 20-35 litre size
Bag 2 – Small Bag up to 10kg MAXIMUM for spare clothes and personal items
Bag 3 – Insulated shopping bag (NO eskies) up to 5kg for food.
No extra add ons such as handbags, pillows etc are allowed. If you want to bring these they must be placed in Bag 2.
Note there is a $55 surcharge for any excess luggage.
Due to the costs of providing a support vehicle, if there are less than 6 hikers booked for the trip, then the tour will not proceed.
- Small backpack with waterproof cover
- One bag for luggage transfer
- Shirts, hiking pants (for day 4), shorts, underwear, socks
- Hiking shoes and comfy shoes/thongs/sandals for at the accommodation
- Hiking Pole(s)
- Water bottles / bladder
- Rainproof jacket
- Swimsuit and micro towel
- Money and/or Debit/Credit Card
- Passport (if applicable), Visa (if applicable), Travel Insurance docs
- Phone and/or tablet, camera and chargers
- Toiletries and medication
- Food/snacks can be purchased along the way
Meet at Sancrox (near Port Macquarie) at 10.30am on Day 1, or meet at Red Rock Store on the Corindi River (Lawson St) at 1.30pm. You can leave your car at Sancrox or near the store at Red Rock and take our commuter bus to Yamba for our first night’s accommodation.
Please note that social distancing will not be possible on the commuter bus from Sancrox or Red Rock to Yamba, and on the river crossings. At all other times we will follow the directives of the NSW Government in relation to Covid 19. We provide hand sanitiser and face masks on the bus.
At Red Rock, where your cars are parked, at about 3.00pm on Day 5. For those parked at Sancrox, we will arrive at around 5.30pm.