Yuraygir National Park
Fully Guided Hiking Tours
Fully Guided 5 Day Hiking Tour
‘Follow the ancient wandering trails of Australia’s coastal emus on the four-day Yuraygir Coastal Walk. This colossal track traverses the coastline from Angourie to Red Rock. The scenery and views along the way are diverse and astounding. You’ll encounter wildlife and wildflowers as you walk past heathland plains, long sandy beaches, tranquil creeks, lagoons, rocky headlands and even a marine park.
Tackle the full 65km with overnight accommodation stops along the way. You’ll never forget this journey through the traditional homelands of the Gumbaynggirr and Yaegl nations, it’s stunningly beautiful.
National Parks NSW Accredited
|Departure Date||Tour||Duration||Price||Spots remaining|
|Tue, 5 Sept 2023||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From$AU1,190||2|
|Tue 21 May 2024||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU1,190||9|
|Tue 25 June 2024||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU1,190||10|
|Tue 10 Sept 2024||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU1,190||10|
|Wed 11 Sept 2024||Yuraygir||5 days 4 nights||From $AU1,190||10|
Frequently asked questions
The tour is 5 days and 4 nights.
2024 Prices (including GST):
$AU1,190pp (private room, twin, double or queen bed for two people, sharing bathroom),
$AU1,390pp (private room, queen bed for two people, with en-suite)
$AU1,390pp (private room double bed, one person, sharing bathroom)
$AU1,690pp (private room queen bed, one person, with en-suite)
- All accommodation
- luggage transfers while hiking
- Boat and bus transfers
- A guide for the five days
- A support vehicle and driver for the whole trip
- Transport from Sancrox (near Port Macquarie) or Red Rock, to Yamba (the start point of the trip) and return from Red Rock to Sancrox (when available).
- All National Park fees and Public Liability Insurance
- Drinks and nibbles on 3 nights
- Passport (if applicable), visa (if applicable) and travel insurance
- Transport to Port Macquarie or to Red Rock
The maximum group size is 11 people plus the guide and driver. A minimum of 8 hikers is required for the hiking tour to proceed.
NOTE: Itinerary is subject to change due to National Park alerts, weather conditions and track conditions.
- Meet at Port Macquarie at 10.45am or meet at Red Rock at 1.30pm
- Bus leaves Port Macquarie at 11.00am (when available) and Red Rock at 2.00pm
- Arrive at Yamba accommodation around 4.00pm. Free time till 5.30pm.
- Safety and other information briefing at 5.30pm
- Dinner at Yamba at 6.00pm (own cost)
Day 2 Angourie to Brooms Head
- Transfer to start of walk at Mara Creek (Angourie) at 8.30am
- Start walking around 9.00am, to Brooms Head (17km, rated Moderate to hard)
- Accommodation at Brooms Head.
- Dinner at Bowling Club (Chinese, own cost)
Day 3 Brooms Head to Minnie Water
- Start walking at about 8.30am, to Minnie Water (20km, rated Moderate to hard)
- Arrive at Sandon around lunch time. River crossing is arranged. Note: Our support vehicle can pick you up at Sandon and take you to the accommodation at Wooli, if you don’t want to walk the 11km, after lunch
- Walk to Minnie Water General Store.
- Transfer to Accommodation at Wooli
Day 4 Minnie Water to Wooli
- Transfer to hike start at Minnie Waters
- Start walking at about 9.00am, to Wooli (15km, rated Moderate)
- Arrive Wooli accommodation at about 3.00pm.
- Canoes / kayaks available – explore Wooli River
- Dinner at Wooli Pub at 6.00pm (own cost)
Day 5 Wooli to Red Rock
- Boat crossing arranged at about 8.30am
- Start walking at about 9.00am, to Red Rock (11km, Rated Hard). The first 4-5km is the most difficult part of the walk. There are many rock platforms, plus some scrambling and bush bashing. It will be close to low tide.
- Lunch prior to reaching Station Creek
- Walk along Pebbly Beach and across Station Creek
- Walk to Red Rock. River crossing by small boat is arranged
- Walk finishes about 3.00pm. Drive home, or to Port Macquarie.
Please go to the Bookings page on this website, or contact us. A deposit of $300 per person will secure your booking.
The bank details for the deposit are:
Home Comforts Hiking
A tax invoice will be provided for each booking
Go to the Bookings page on this website or contact us. A deposit of $AU300 will secure your booking. If less than 1 month before the start date of the trip, then payment in full will be required.
We will send you a PayPal invoice in your preferred currency. You do not need a PayPal account to make the payment. You just need a Visa or Mastercard to make the payment. Alternatively, you can pay in $AU through a money transfer company such as OFX or your bank. In that case use the bank details as shown for Australian based customers.
Please see our full cancellation and refunds policy on the “Bookings” Page
The balance is due one month prior to the trip start date.
There are no refunds, due to cancellation by you, unless you (the person cancelling) introduce a replacement hiker to replace you. If a replacement can be found by you, we will refund 75% of the total paid by you.
For overseas guests, we recommend that you take out travel insurance that covers cancellation due to unforeseen circumstances, medical costs, and your valuables.
Overall the hike is rated moderate for experienced hikers. For inexperienced and less fit hikers, it would be rated hard. The total distance walked over 4 days of hiking is 65km. Around 50% of the hike is along pristine beaches. We walk at a slow to moderate pace with plenty of breaks and opportunities to enjoy the views and observe the abundant flora and fauna. There is minimal ascent on the hike, just a few headlands to navigate. There are also three river crossings, but these are all supported by local boat operators. There is also about 4km of walking along rock platforms and bush bashing on the last day. The rock platforms and tracks leading inland on the last hiking day are the most difficult part of the whole hike.
This hike is not recommended for inexperienced hikers. If in doubt, please contact us prior to booking.
Sections of the hike can be avoided by taking a ride in our support vehicle.
We have recently upgraded our accommodation options. Some previous guests have provided feedback that they would like a private bathroom as well as a private room. We now offer 4 levels of accommodation on our Yuraygir hiking tours:
For singles – either sharing a bathroom or ensuite
For couples or 2 friends – either with their own bathroom or sharing a bathroom with others.
Ensuite options are also larger rooms.
Note that bed linen and towels are provided at every accommodation we stay at.
Please contact us if you need any assistance with selecting your preferred accommodation level.
After arrival at Yamba, there will be time to do shopping at local stores for breakfast, morning tea and lunch needs for the hike. There is also an excellent Farmers Market at Yamba, on Wednesday mornings. There are also general Stores at Brooms Head, Minnie Waters and Wooli to buy what you need, but stock and selections are limited. You may want to buy your bread and other basics at Yamba as there is more selection available. When selecting food, keep in mind that your food may go up to 8 hours a day without refrigeration.
Breakfast – All cabins have basic kitchen facilities. There are no kitchens at Yamba. At all locations there are cafes/stores available for breakfast and coffee.
Lunch and morning tea needs to be carried in your day pack each day. There are no shops while walking.
There is a venue for dinner each night, so no cooking is required.
All of our Yuraygir Hikes are supported by a vehicle and driver. On all Yuraygir hikes, a support vehicle will transfer your luggage from accommodation to accommodation, and can also take passengers (if you want a rest day). You only need to carry a day pack while hiking each day.
We must impose limits to ensure our driver is not carrying excessive weights. There is a strict limit of 3 bags per person, as per the following:
Bag 1 – small day pack to carry on the hikes, 20-35 litre size
Bag 2 – Small Bag up to 10kg MAXIMUM for spare clothes and personal items
Bag 3 – Insulated shopping bag (NO eskies) up to 5kg for food.
No extra add ons such as handbags, pillows etc are allowed. If you want to bring these they must be placed in Bag 2.
Note there is a $55 surcharge for any excess luggage.
Due to the costs of providing a support vehicle, if there are less than 8 hikers booked for the trip, then the tour will not proceed.
- Small backpack with waterproof cover
- One bag for luggage transfer
- Shirts, hiking pants (for day 4), shorts, underwear, socks
- Hiking shoes and comfy shoes/thongs/sandals for at the accommodation
- Ankle gaiters
- Hiking Pole(s)
- Small torch
- Water bottles / bladder
- Rainproof jacket
- Swimsuit and micro towel
- Photo ID, Money and/or Debit/Credit Card
- Passport (if applicable), Visa (if applicable), Travel Insurance docs
- Phone and/or tablet, camera and chargers
- Toiletries and medication
- Food/snacks can be purchased along the way
Meet at Sancrox (near Port Macquarie) at 10.30am on Day 1, or meet at Red Rock Store on the Corindi River (Lawson St) at 1.30pm, or meet at our first night’s accommodation at Yamba between 4 and 5pm. You can leave your car at Sancrox or near the store at Red Rock and take our commuter bus to Yamba for our first night’s accommodation, when available.
Sometimes our commuter bus is already at Red Rock. In those cases we will meet at Red Rock at 1.30pm.
At Red Rock, where your cars are parked, at about 3.00pm on Day 5. For those parked at Sancrox, we will arrive back at around 5.30pm.